Did You Claim Your Website As A Business Expense?
Small business who incur expenses creating or maintaining their business website may be able to claim some of the costs as a deduction in their tax return.
You may even be able to claim costs incurred before your business starts. This can be claimed over five years (20% of the cost per year) once the business begins.
Simplified depreciation rules
If you have chosen to use the simplified depreciation rules, you may immediately deduct the expense.
- If you incurred the expense between 12 May 2015 and 30 June 2017 and the cost is:
- less than $20,000 – you can claim a deduction for the full cost in the income year they incurred the expenditure
- $20,000 or more – you can allocate the cost to a general small business pool
- If you incurred the expense between 1 January 2014 and 12 May 2015 and the cost is:
- less than $1,000 – you can claim a deduction for the full cost in the income year they incurred the expenditure
- $1,000 or more – you allocate the cost to a general small business pool.
Small business clients can also claim a deduction for the ongoing expenses of running and maintaining their website, such as domain name registration and server-hosting. They can claim these in the income year they incurred the expense.
This information is general, please refer to your Accountant and the Taxation Office for deductions specific to your business. For more information please visit the Australian Taxation Office website.
Securing your site is important, but not everyone understands how and why we do it. In this article, we explain how HTTPS works and its benefits. Protecting the information of you and your users is expected in today’s world, if you own and/or operate a website you need to be aware of how HTTPS protects you.
Making your website visible on the internet can be difficult. Even more difficult, is knowing how to improve your site’s visibility! But there are some online tools which can help you. Keep reading to discover one of our favourite and free SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tools.
Which means it's a great time to buy a professional website as an income producing asset for your business!Get an instant asset write off in this financial year and save on tax! New websites are a great way to give your business a 24/7 contact point, which...
LET US PUT THE PUZZLE PIECES TOGETHER
Custom designed web solutions for your business marketing needs